Advocacy is the expression of support for or opposition to a cause, argument or proposal. Advocacy may include influencing laws, legislation or attitudes.
Zonta International, its districts, and its clubs express themselves about and become involved in issues which:
- improve the legal, political, economic, educational, health and professional status of women;
- advance understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of executives in business and the professions; and
- promote justice and universal respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms.
The members of the Zonta Club of Charles County work to be effective advocates and opinion leaders on women’s issues in our community by:
- engaging actively in activities to improve the status of women in the areas of economics, education, health, legal, political , and human rights issues (such as violence against women and human trafficking)
- supporting legislation at the national, state and local level which advances the objects of Zonta and commitments to women
- cooperating and collaborating with like-minded organizations to further our mission to advance the status of women including advocacy with our local service activities