Zontians are a culturally and professionally diverse group of women who share a commitment to working for women’s rights and gender equality. As a service organization, membership in Zonta requires a time commitment as well as financial responsibilities. If you are interested in membership, please review the eligibility criteria below, then contact your favorite Zontian or contact us.
Criteria for Membership
- Persons eligible for membership are executives and professionals in decision- making positions who are willing to support and to implement the mission and objectives of Zonta International.
- Executives are persons who formulate, determine or influence the administrative policies of a business.
- Professionals are persons engaged in work that requires special training, skills or knowledge.
- Prospective members must either work or reside in the Southern Maryland area. The quality of business or profession must be reputable and recognized.
- The desirability of the woman herself: she must be of good character and of good business and professional reputation.
- Candidates must be actively engaged in the workforce – working at least 50 percent of a normal workweek –in a recognized business or profession in a decision-making capacity.