What is Zonta?
Zonta is a Sioux Indian word meaning honest and trustworthy. Zonta International is a global organization of executives and professionals working together to advance the status of women worldwide through service and advocacy. Founded in 1919 in Buffalo, New York, USA today, Zonta is a global organization with more than 30,000 members who belong to more than 1,200 Zonta Clubs in 63 countries and geographic areas.
Zonta’s objective is to improve the legal, political, economic, health, educational and professional status of women through service and advocacy.
Why Join Zonta?
Zonta offers an environment where women from diverse professions can join together to participate in meaningful fund raising and service projects to benefit women in the local and international communities. In addition, members build strong personal and professional relationships through networking and committee work.
Who is eligible?
Membership into Zonta is by invitation and is open to executives and professionals in decision-making positions willing to support and implement the Mission of Zonta International.
The membership of Zonta represents a broad spectrum of professionals, corporate executives and business owners, offering the opportunity for local and international service, networking, and the supportive camaraderie of peers. Our distinguished membership includes business executives, attorneys, high level government executives, accountants, real estate professionals, contractors, financial and medical service professionals, consultants and business owners.
Membership in Zonta Means:
- Making a difference in the world today.
- Opening doors to friendships and associations with other executives. As an international organization, Zonta provides the opportunity for cultivating relationships and networking with executives around the world.
- Belonging to an international network of executives and professionals representing a diversity of occupations and affording you a global perspective of women’s issues.
- Sharing a commitment to enhance the status of women worldwide.
- Providing service to individuals and their families.
- Fundraising to support important service projects on the local and international level.
- Enriching your life personally as we pool talents to make the world a better place.
As an active service organization, membership in Zonta means a time commitment. Members are expected to attend at least half of all membership meetings (held the 2nd Tuesday of the month,) to serve on at least one committee, to take part in one service project, and to participate in our annual Fashion Show Fundraiser. Zonta members look forward to these commitments recognizing one of the finest benefits of membership is the lifelong friendships formed with other members from all walks of life. If you are interested in membership please ask one of our members for more information or contact us.